• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New Guy on the forum, wanted to say hi

bomber737

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi to all on this site. I am new to the site and I have been working on a 78 CB750 K. I think I am going to make it a cafe since I think the SOHC bikes look really cool that way. Right now I am working on getting it running again as the previous owner decided to fix a charging problem by tearing apart the wire harness. And because I always do it, I changed out the fuel needles and now I can't get the #1 carb to stop leaking. What a pain. So I decided to put the older round top carbs I already have rebuilt on the bike and do away with the 78's stock carbs. I will also be putting the Supersport forks and swing arm on the frame and de-tabbing the frame. Replacing all the bearings including the brass bushing on the swing arm with bearings. I also don't like the stock tank and I have a couple of SS tanks sitting around so one of those will be going on. I will be riding the bike as the work progresses so I will have a bunch of pics as I go along.

Welcome! I agree about the cafes looking good. That's the plan for my '75. Do you have any pics of the bike now?

Thanks Travis. I like your xs site as well. Still have not found one worth what I am willing to pay for that bike. Maby some day. Tadd, if you have pictures put them on. Im on the road and I cant figure out how to get them off of Photobucket. And you need to fix that "I never met a honda I didn't like thing" You didn't like my Ascot and that's a Honda. Ha Ha so there.

2012-03-24_16-08-42_455.jpg 2012-03-24_16-09-20_38.jpg 2012-03-24_16-09-09_479.jpg

I NEVER said I didn't like it....I just don't think a dirt bike with street tires and a cobbled exhaust is the "be-all, end-all" world savior like you do.

So I managed to get some pictures on and as you all can see the bike is in pretty nice shape but the paint job is tragic simply tragic. Good thing I will be using a SS tank and getting rid of the rear fender.

Thanks, when you redid you K did you de-tab the frame? Did you keep the spoke rims and the drum brake? I have mags from a 750 hondamatic and a swing arm from a SS I was planning to retrofit. I was also planning on using the SS forks.

Actually I was thinking of putting it under the seat (not under the hump) where it already is just put it horizontal instead of vertical and I will be moving the battery and electrics under the hump. I was planning on one of those concord 9 cell dry batts.

ahhh.. yeah... battery in the hump and oil tank below the seat is more typical. I'm not familiar with the battery. Have any info on that?

here's some pic's and i went more traditional but i did take off the passenger framing and pegs stayed with then stock oil tank and side covers

cafe1232.jpgcafe1234.jpg

I really like the look of your bike. I will probably go with the side covers at first and next winter start moving stuff. I will also be running the motor that's in the frame for this and probably next year. I have a 836 motor thats been re-camed and polished and ported waiting to go in but I wont put that in until I can afford a rack of RS flat sides. So for now its going to be a 12 to 13 sec 1/4 mile bike hopefully. Should be able to get in the 10's with that 836 and losing a bunch of weight. Me and the bike that is.

Back