• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

help needed - Electric starter button reassembly

273nic

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi - can anyone talk me through the process of reassembling the electric starter button, spring, plate & wire. Mine fell out on disassembly and i cant figure out where they go. One time i got the pieces together and the starter button stuck on. Cheers

I'm not so sure I did you any good, but I took one apart and took pictures for you. If yours is like mine it might be helpful, otherwise... sorry. I ended up with a couple of small pieces of plastic that I have no idea where they came from; may or may not have been around the button, but I didn't see them until I noticed them on the table.

Anyway, the plate on the plastic piece was between the spring end (away from the button). I didn't take the button all the way out, but assume there's a pin in there that goes through the hole in that plat on the plastic mount. Maybe not.

Here's a link to the pictures... I hope they help. If not, and if the setup looks just yours, I could go ahead and take it apart more if you think it could help. My old eyes just don't see so well any more, so I figured I might as well confirm whether or not yours is like mine before I go any farther.

http://s590.photobucket.com/user/ganelson/library/CB750 Starter Button?sort=3&page=1

Thanks for going to such lengths to help! The first photo looks similar to mine but not sure its the same. Starter button pushes pin onto metal plate which has a wire attached. Sounds simple but far from it. If you're not going anywhere I'll pull mine apart at the weekend and send a photo. Thanks again I'll be back ...

Back