• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1992 Air Filters

arobertson

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just got my first CB750, its a 1992 and i want to swap the air box for four clamp on filters. Is this a straight swap or will i also need to change the jetting?

Thanks

Hi - good to see another UK entry on here, not many of us about. I think you will be ok with no changes to the jetting, i did the same on a 1980 KZ and it was fine.

I do not have experience running pods but am in also in the process, I have a 92 Nighthawk 750. I grabbed some of those Emgos and then found out they restrict some of the throttle vacuum ports on the carbs by completely blocking them and just traded them in for some k&n's. Am gonna see how they run. Have seen on here guys are ok with them, so gonna give it a try. Haven't really heard that I NEED a rejet since I'm not really going for performance what with only a pipe and filters. Let me know what works for you.

The difference in an '80 KZ would likely be that one is direct lift carb type and the later one discussed here is a CV type. That makes worlds of difference in how well pod type filters work.

If you aren't going to look at the reality of it then welcome what happens next. CVs generally do NOT like pods and for solid engineering reasons and physics are involved there too, although some types of CV are worse than others. You can put pods on direct lift carbs all day and if they don't work right that is an installer issue.

Often the need to 'rejet' can be the worst thing you do with CVs. Again for reasons the masses generally do not get.

VERY often the stock airbox is your best friend with CVs. I have broke that fact off into so many people I cannot count. And I like the look of pods, they are just super b-tchy as to tuning.

Back