• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Was Clean wiring behind my head light and more things stopped working.

drluther

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Just near end of last season i found the proper gauges for my 1981 CB750 DOHC and welts putting them on i pulled some wire harnesses apart to clean it up in my head lamp a little and when everything went back together didnt quite work the same. So heres the just of it, my turn signals no longer blink instead in the front the turn off the light you are trying to toggle, in the rear neither light up at all. and my stop running light works but my brake light however does not. Just need some suggestions for going forward or things to try and weed out some simple anwsers before my whole wiring system is apart.

sound like you lost the ground for turns sig and the wire to the flasher unit. Remember main lighting is headlight with wiring from hi-lo switch and rear tail light or some called running light with!!! wiring to front and rear break switches for the double filament rear bulb to show rear stop light.Make sure those all work then trace down your power and ground and flasher for the turn signals. they are in the headlight orange and blue on my 80 cb 750.

Back