• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

fork oil???

marty shawn

CB750 Member
Reaction score
any ideas or comments from changing fork oil i know just drain and fill but is there something that could be put in and clean, forks are fine and no leaks just got 5000 miles on a 75 cb750 four thanks

My first thought is that it would depend on what comes out. If the oil is clean, I wouldn't worry about it and just put in new. If it's dirty or milky like it has moisture in it, I'd want to get as much out as possible. I'd consider kerosene, diesel fuel, or Automatic Transmission Fluid to flush it until clean oil comes out.

Then again, that's just me.

If its dirty and you dont want to disassemble the forks to clean the properly then the best way is to drain fill with a lite cheap oil oil then ride it for a couple of miles working the forks then drain and repeat until it is mostly clean. If it is very dirty or milky the best way is to disassemble because the oil doesn't completely drain out of all of the little places in the fork. Be carefull with the solvents as it can harden the seals...especially old seals:thumbsup:

If its dirty and you dont want to disassemble the forks to clean the properly then the best way is to drain fill with a lite cheap oil oil then ride it for a couple of miles working the forks then drain and repeat until it is mostly clean. If it is very dirty or milky the best way is to disassemble because the oil doesn't completely drain out of all of the little places in the fork. Be carefull with the solvents as it can harden the seals...especially old seals:thumbsup:

thanks for the info guys

Back