• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1995 nighthawk DynoJet and Pod issues, HHEELLLP!!!!!

Zbala4u

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello fellow CB750 owners, I am a FNG in this forum, I recently purchased a used 1995 Nighthawk that I wanted to convert into a cafe racer.
Issues that Im having are carburetor, having install Pods, replacing the factory airbox, installed a Radiant Shorty slip on, exhaust, I purchased a 6 SIGMA DYNOJET KIT 1-3. After the install i have been having bogging issues at 3,000 RPM. Ive checked for vacuum leaks,etc. I was told that Intake PODS are the issue, TOO much air and not enough fuel. jet kit came with pilot jet and Primary, no needles, kit included 112, 115 and 117, currently 112 and 115 are installed, I tried the 117 but some reason mad it worse.

I not sure where to go from here, I was thinking it may be the exhaust with no backpressure...Anyways, if anyone has had a similar problem, I can use the help.

More back pressure myth. Need to positively ascertain which Dynojet kit it is stage 1 or stage 3, 3 is for open exhaust competition only and NEVER works and stage 1 is pretty close to the same thing. Garbage sold to suckers. Filters will not matter, what matters is the lost intake pulse sharing.

Too much air and not enough fuel, a laugh riot. Not that at all. You see, the carbs being CV type need the extra induction pulses of the other cylinders to open the slides all the way, with that not happening then the slides drop off in action and carbs run rich and the bigger jets only make it worse. Dyno brand jets even worse do not relate to OEM Honda jets at all, a 100 in Dyno is bigger than a 100 Honda jet. So lost there in the translation too. The stock airbox along with the OEM paper filter that restricts just right combines all the carb pulsing to work slides better, pods kill that and then the engine suffers.

It's not that the exhaust has no backpressure, that's actually good, but the design of those add-on tips do little to make the exhaust work better. They can even mess tuning up but it has NOTHING to do with backpressure. Rather, they mess up the wave tuning of the engine. If still a 4 into 2 exhaust you have done nothing there except looks.

Back