• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Hello, All. This is my first Post!

BigDaddyLegs

BigDaddyLegs
Reaction score
Hello, Everyone. This is my first post. I have a nice 1979 CB750K. Basically stock except for some lower handlebars and a 4 into 1 exhaust. I bought the bike that way.
What I'm interested in is making a Cafe Racer. Budget is a big consideration. Most likely going to do it in steps. Not a COMPLETE transformation all at once. At least not until the coming riding season is over. My biggest hurdles are not knowing which
new/used parts will work for my bike. Like....

Easiest, most affordable inverted front end or dual disc sport bike front end(non-inverted)

Which non-spoke wheels. I like the Sportster style mags and the star shaped Honda mags.

Cafe seat/tail sections. Preferably bolt-on that can be used with the stock tank.

Cafe seat/tail sections that DO NOT work with stock tank. I REALLY like the Benelli Mojave tank

And for God's sakes HOW DO YOU GET THE ENGINE CASES, FORK SLIDERS ETC. POLISHED!!!!!

And last but not least which shop in my area can i trust to do the more technical things like engine work, fork internals wheel spacing etc.

Thank you so much for reading. I'm glad I finally found a Home!

I'll try to post some pics of my bike and others that I really like 20140728_144212.jpg

Last edited:
Polishing - depending on how grungy the pieces are, I started with a wire brush on a drill, then hand sanding with 400/500 grit. I finished with two polishing wheels on a drill (one for white rouge and the other for red rouge). I have heard of some people finishing with the Mother's ball and cone polishers.

I also have 750k that was given to me after it was sitting out in a field for 12 years. lot of r4us, paint weathered off and carbs were in pieces. I now have a stock looking bike. The wife says that she don't care to go riding so I'm toying with the idea to turn it into a café.

IMG_2332.jpg

Back