• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Need fix for oil leak at crankcase screws

jimminy

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got some leaking from all 3 (I think) screws on the face of the crankcase cover. I noticed the PO seemed to have some silicone around those screws, now I know why.

That seems like a bad method, especially as it doesn't work, so I'm wondering what the solution is if anyone has had this before.

Thx all

It's the dynamo cover or crankcase cover. Has 3 big screws in the face

Cover.jpg

There is supposed to be a washer under the bolt. It acts as a crush washer which seals it. Find a copper or aluminum washer. Honda still lists them also. Be aware those bolts hold the stator onto the cover on the inside so dont remove all three or you will have to pull the cover to put it back together. I have never seen these leak so you may want to pull it apart to make sure its not broke or something in there.

Ah, a crush washer never occurred to me. If it had I would have just looked closer at the diagram I used to find that picture and would have seen the washer #18 11mm

I did notice though the one shown is a regular steel washer. Is this a mistake or would a regular 11mm washer work ok in a pinch, but copper would be better?

Thank for the quick reply

I would use copper as it will compress a bit and help conform to any irregularities there may be.

Back