• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1982 CB750 fairing

raene

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi all - looking for recommendations on a good travel fairing; I'd like to do a few highway trips and with no fairing / wind deflector at all I get thrown around a good bit. Definitely looking for something a bit more minimal - I don't mind some discomfort.

IMG_2863.jpg this one works great for me i bought it off ebay i think they called it a windjammer

It sounds like you're after something you van take off easily and use only when you're traveling. If that's the case, I suggest that you look into a detachable windshield. They make some that are pretty nice and can be removed in seconds.

As for a Windjammer, they were made by Vetter and are, in my opinion, a very good choice. Search on "windjammer" on the net and you'll find many images of windjammers and bikes that have them. You would need to get the bracket for mounting it to your bike, but they should be plentiful. I also suggest that you search Craigslist or whatever source be good for you to find one locally. If you were close to me I'd sell you one for $25... but you'll find them listed for $200 as well. Shipping can be a hassle and very high, so they can be worth more for parts than as a complete unit. If you would happen to find one that you wanted shipped, you could check for the cost of sending it by bus, which I've found to be the cheapest way for me to ship... but the nearest bus station to me is 50 miles away, so not at all convenient.

The stock windshield was really big and tacky, it also broke while being shipped but I'm going to have a slim one custom made there are a few places near me that will do it.

I ended up with the standard EMGO piece for $30, that was hard to pass up... I'll toss it on the bike soon and see if it does anything!

Back