• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Best jet size for pod filters?

JRMURRY17

CB750 Member
Reaction score
So I pulled the carbs last night off my bike, they're surprisingly in great shape! They all appear to at least be bench synced at this point. I'm generally a firm believer in the old adage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" That said, I am going to be running pod filters since somewhere along the way the airbox was misplaced...I know a lot of people are against this and yes I know my performance will slightly suffer. Anyhow, I think I'm running 125s right now, any input as to whether I should go bigger or smaller to get the most out of her? Thanks ahead of time!

Running sync is better then bench sync, they are very picky about the sync if you are looking for a good idle. There is no one size fits all for jetting, you have to jet to your engine, to many things affect jetting. Air temp, altitude, engine condition, how you ride, added weight on the bike all affect jetting. You need to see how it runs then adjust accordingly. Everyone ask what they should use for jets but you have to jet to your conditions. Its been discussed numerous times on here and how I like to check for jetting. Do a forum search and you should come up with some info.

I have a stock exhaust on there at the moment, but I plan to upgrade that as well. Probably a 4:1, any suggestions as far as make? It runs like a champ! But it's leaking oil out of cylinder one so I'm pulling the heads tomorrow to see what the malfunction is. May do some upgrades while I'm in there as well.

I'm actually a "quiet" lover and much prefer the stock exhaust. Sorry, but I don't know enough to recommend a brand, The last 4-1 I had was on a CB900C and although performance was great, it was a screamer and I just couldn't stand the sound.

My point about the exhaust would be that it will affect jetting just like your pods will. That being the case, you'll need to get things set up as you expect to leave it before you do your jetting. Once that's done and you pick a starting point for jets, you'll need to run the bike and do plug chops, check the plugs, and adjust jets based on whether the plugs show that you're running rich or lean.

Wait what? Bike? What forum is this? I might have thought I was logged in elsewhere.. Sorry 'bout that. 😘

Yeah, I know how you Swedes are. I probably mentioned once or twice before that my grandma and grandpa were Swedes. And my dad always swore that we're related to Geronimo... never could quite make that connection since I'm pretty sure Geronimo wasn't Swedish.

Regardless, you and I could be long lost cousins (and now I'm sure you're REALLY sorry), so you can't pull the wool COMPLETELY over my eyes.

I've heard 'bout your Swedish roots bro. Never about your grandma steppin' out though. And with Geronimo? Damn. Grams got skills.

So you practicly say I'm related to Geronimo? This is turning out to be the best Friday EVER!!!

Cheers

Oh and sorry about the hi jack of this thread. (Travis please don't kick me out, I really like it here.) (And yes. I'm hammered atm)

Hahaha! Greatest. Hijack. Ever. I'm with the Sweed on this one, partially anyhow. I like a good low growl, may incorporate cut outs as well. So I can blast my ear drums all to hell at stoplights and such. #stuntin oh wait, this isn't Twitter?

Now I'm confused. You're "with the Sweed on this one, partially..." So does that you're with me, the partial Swede, or Stabler, the full-blown one?

And after Stabler's explanation, it comes to me that I may not be 1/2 Swede after all, if grandma stepped out with Geronimo. I might have more Indian in me than I thought. That guy sure knows how to stir the pot, doesn't he.

This has me so upset now... I'll not comment again on this coz I think it would be disrespectful to grandpa.

Lol. When sobered up I see where I went out of line Tommycarl. Never ment to disrespect your grandma. Sorry 'bout that.
Now back on topic:
As for a 4-1 you could get a Vance&Hines, Kerker or get in touch with Ken at CycleX. They all have good high performance 4-1 from what I've read.

Last edited:
Back