• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Removing float valve seat on a K7 carb

Gabby

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi. I've got a K7 with Keihin PD41 carbs. The float valves are all leaking very slightly, but it's not from the valve seat, it's around the outside of the valve where it fits into the body. I've taken the carbs off and can see a slight weep around the outside. I can't see replacement assemblies for sale and it looks like they perhaps aren't designed to be removed.

I managed to get one out and it definitely has no o-ring to seal it. There is no corrosion in the carb body so it's not leaking for that reason. Has anybody re-fitted these with some product to stop the leak?

I got this one out with difficulty by tapping a thread into it, before I realised that replacements may not be available. Grrrrr. The seat is ok but I may have stuffed it. Off to a machine shop perhaps to get a set made if they are not available, but they all have to come out in any case to stop the leaks.

Appreciate any shared previous experience on these.

Back