• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1978 CB750K Original Exhaust

goode78

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Trying to determine the value of this exhaust system taken from a 1978 CB750K with 3K miles on it, pipes are in excellent condition... numbers on the pipes are HMCB750K HM405 SANKEI 2025, have done some research but can't get an accurate idea of what they are worth.... thanks for the help...

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
They are worth what someone is willing to pay that day for them. Could be 200 to 500 up. Depends on how perfect they are and who needs them. They look to be blued, was the bike running lean? That can deduct value from being perfect chrome. If you trying to get top money you need a big audience and at the right time. It is really hard to put a value on things. What are they worth to you?

I guess we could say that about almost anything right ?? Everything is worth what someone is willing to pay..... I was hoping somebody had seen some for sale or had a source for price comparison.... big audience means Ebay and all of their fees :) I have had several people tell me different things, one guy says 200 next guy says up to 800 ??? To me they are take offs and I only have the one bike so no use for them just want to get rid of them.... and the seat and fuel tank, fenders etc.....

You should be able to find someone that needs them but there isn't near the demand that there is for the early pipes. If you can get $200 for the pipes take it. There is a set on ebay right now for $200 buy it now.

yeah i seen a new set of OEM pipes from the early models on ebay for $3000.00 but unfortunantely your year is not in big demand but they are in nice shape and should bring top dollar

IMG_0086.jpg

Hello, The seat is in excellent condition, came off a bike with 3k original miles that was stored indoors its whole life, I think this pic shows a better view of the seat, let me know if you need it.....

Thanks. The pic is good. I am interested in all the removed parts, seat, pipes, the entire lot. I am wanting to spruce up my bike. Do you have an ideal how much you might want? That way I can see if I can handle it.

I am thinking 200 on the pipes, 100 on the seat, 100 on the tank ... I also have the front fender, rear fender and tail light, shocks, rear foot pegs, center stand, turn signals, and air box with filter .. I will price out the small stuff or I will take 400 for all of it ... You pay the shipping ...

I am thinking 200 on the pipes, 100 on the seat, 100 on the tank ... I also have the front fender, rear fender and tail light, shocks, rear foot pegs, center stand, turn signals, and air box with filter .. I will price out the small stuff or I will take 400 for all of it ... You pay the shipping ...
ok good, is the tank good inside and outside?
are the fenders rusty or dented/bent/scratched?

Tank is good inside and outside , bike was running when tank was removed and drained..all parts are in good shape ... I might be able to send some more pics of the fenders etc ..,

yes it is still available at this time.... working with shadetreeguy on some shipping prices to see if he wants it... He has first right of refusal if he decides not to take them then I will let you know.... Thanks for the interest....

Im in Florida all thi week and would like to buy these parts from you to take them back Home with me next week. Im willing to pay shipping costs. please contact me at 561 990 8323

Trying to determine the value of this exhaust system taken from a 1978 CB750K with 3K miles on it, pipes are in excellent condition... numbers on the pipes are HMCB750K HM405 SANKEI 2025, have done some research but can't get an accurate idea of what they are worth.... thanks for the help...

If you still have them lets chat Ricki Brown 435-817-6820 Would you take $200 + shipping

Back