• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1979 CB750K - 4 month build almost complete

flylow86

CB750 Member
Reaction score
As you may notice, this is my first post/thread on CB750.com I wanted to share a few photos of my build in progress for your enjoyment, criticism, ideas, etc.

I purchased this bike in September and it had 8,000 original miles (original owner). It wasn't in perfect condition but it was in very good shape. One of these days I may regret not having left it stock/original, but I am happy with it so far. All of the work has been performed by my father and I. The last photo shows the Mac mufflers that the bike had on it, but I have Cone Engineering mufflers on their way.

Feel free to ask questions or compliment/criticize as you feel necessary.

IMAG1046.jpg

IMAG1084.jpg

IMAG1154.jpg

IMAG1259.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

IMAG1337.jpg

IMAG1346.jpg

IMG_2851.jpg

2014-12-24_14.19.53.jpg

IMAG1392.jpg

Screenshot_2014-12-28-22-39-48.png

Last edited:
I'm a new member also. I have the same bike! Probably looking to do the same. What is the best way for me to keep track of your progress. I'd love to hear your tips and tricks. Looking very nice

Can you talk about your handlebar set up and aftermarket parts you put on them?

Hey guys... sorry for the late response to all of your comments and questions.

The handlebars are Renthal Ultra Low: http://www.ebay.com/itm/331105088256

Gauges came from Dime City Cycles: 2.5" Mini Tach and Speedometer (black face & leds) They came with the bracket which worked out nicely. Controls and switches are all original. We chopped the connector off the original gauges which allowed us to basically plug and play, with a bit of troubleshooting on a few of the lights.

I will post a few recent photos later today. I have some work and tuning to do to it, as it is not running properly with the new slip-ons. Planning to go up on the main, raise the needle a bit, and realized I need to install new exhaust gaskets. :doh:

I'm sure I will be posting some threads in the near future with questions.

We had it outside over the weekend and the paint looks awesome in the sun. Of course, I forgot to take a photo but I will try to get one posted soon.

IMAG1471.jpg

My dad testing out the seat.

IMG_1233.jpg

Back