• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

question on my roundtops

losttravlyr

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
how far are the choke plates supposed to go down in the body when lever is pulled up all the way? looking at mine it appears the plates are going about halfway down the visible length of the slide piston. i could not find anything in a clymer manual about this. thanks,advice is appreciated.

The choke plates close all the way. Fully closed your choke lever will point straight out and fully open your lever will be down all the way against the carb.

got it,,thanks. if the choke lever sticking straight out is 9:00 clock then mine was hanging up at 8:45. shot some more carb clean in the linkage and played with it till it went where it should. THANKS!

You might want to put a small amount of white grease (lithium) around the rubber bushings and any pivot points, once that carb spray evaporates, you'll stick again. Check page 65, chapter 3 Periodic maintenance and tune up of the Clymer M341

Back