• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Stray hose, where to connect

jimminy

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a hose from the breather that I think must have previously connected to my air box, that my mechanic seems to have just left in place. The end is resting between two of the pods he installed and when the bike is hot a little exhaust wafts up, which I would prefer didn't.

The question is whether this actually should be getting connected to something, and if so what. If it doesn't need to, then can I just remove the hose so it's at least not directly under my nose?

I have looked a lot at the manuals and diagrams but I can't find this anywhere.

Made another search attempt, found a diagram I could understand, and got a part name. It is called Tube A, thanks very much. Not terribly descriptive, but led me the right direction.

What I find is that it doesn't connect to anything, but in case anyone else is trying to figure this out, that's what I found. It comes off the top of the canister and apparently always just sat on top of the airbox going nowhere. I might just try connecting some additional hose and running that back toward the swing arm so I don't have to breathe it in when it heats up.

In the pics, it's the hose coming off the top going left, towards the front, and in the other it just laying there between the pods.
187.jpg185.jpg

I know that hose. It is not going anywhere because it used to go to the airbox. Since you are running pods there is no place for it to land. Might want to consider a small filter for it since it is feeding the canister.

That's a good idea. Maybe it'll be enough to keep some of the exhaust out of my face. It isn't really that much or that bad but I knew I didn't get that before the conversion and liked it that way.

So then I guess if it was feeding back to the air box it was ending up back through combustion and out the pipes. Seems like a lot to recirculate some air but maybe was an emissions thing.

Back