• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Wanted - Looking for a seat for my 750 K3

Kamn

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, need a seat for 1973 750K......let me know what you have and I am not looking for perfection but a good seat would be nice

Cheers

Sorry... the day is almost gone and I just remembered to check my seat.

I still don't know what it came from... looked a little different from the bottom side rear than I remembered a stock early 70's seat looked like, so I thought it might be a '77-78. However, I put it on my '72 and it looks like it might be a good fit. That bike is in a trailer and a bit hard to get to right now, but the biggest problem is that the wife and I are about to leave for a Christmas ride.

The seat cover definitely needs replaced. The pan is solid, but he cushion has some rough areas... not too bad, but some thin foam on top wouldn't hurt. It'll cost you $25 plus shipping for a chance to hold it. If you're interested I'll get some pictures posted and will get a better idea of how it fits on my '72. I also have a '71 but it's on a bike that is buried even deeper and I couldn't get that seat opened for comparison. I can work on getting it off too if needed for comparing to the one I'd sell.

Here's a link to some pictures: http://s590.photobucket.com/user/ganelson/library/CB750 Seat?sort=9&page=1

The seat in the background of the last pictures is on a '71 in my trailer. That seat latch is on the far side and is stuck for some reason, so I haven't climbed over the bikes to see what the issue is... otherwise I'd have that seat off for better comparison.

It appears that the seat in question will fit on the pivot brackets of the orange '72, but I'd confirm that before finalizing any deal. I'd also be sure that the latch pin aligns correctly. I had several later model bikes, 79-82, but I don't think the seat came off one of those. I think it came from a '75... I had 5 of those at one time and disassemble 3 of them for parts. and I think that's where I got the seat.

The biggest difference that I think is see is that there appears to be some "upsweep" in the rear half of the seat as compared to the one on the '71. Could just be my imagination, but that's what I think I see.

I know I'm dragging this out by not getting the other seat off, but I don't care to mess with it if the seat is too rough for you anyway. Just let me know if you're still interested and if so, I'll work a little harder at it.

Hey Tommycarl,
the west in the pic that is missing a section of cover is exactly what I am looking for..........Now I just need it shipped, I will PM you my address for shipping. Just let me know what the total will be with shipping and I will send $$ via paypal if you are OK with that

Cheers

PayPal is fine, thanks. I wasn't paying until now and see that you're in Toronto. I hope shipping isn't too high... I don't like it at all when shipping costs more than the part.

Back