• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

77 750a fuel.

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I spent hours cleaning out the carbs on my 750a. It started right up and seemed to run perfect. I thought I would feel the exhaust pipes and the outside 2 were hotter than doughnut grease. The inside 2 were still cold after about a minute of running. Any ideas? Thanks.

Probally ignition problem with 2&3 which is the two inside cylinders which fire from the same coil and points. Pull the plugs to see if there fouled (wet) if so change them or dry them out, check the points that have the yellow wire attached for condition and correct gap and work from there. The fours do not run perfect on two cylinders, Valve lash also could be to tight leaving them open to a no compression condition, Check the electrical first.

I didn't say it ran perfect. I said it seemed to and sounded great. Then I realized something isn't right. Its to cold to ride now so I can't really go for a ride anyway. I checked for spark and it is great. Thanks.

Took out all the plugs and they all look new. I'm guessing I missed something in the carbs maybe?

Open the drain screws on the fuel bowls to see if your getting fuel to the carbs. If you are then check compression.

I am getting gas to the drain screws. Someone in my family bought in it 2003 with 9,300 miles. They rode it home and It's been sitting in the same spot untill about a month ago. Would sitting for that long mess with the valves? I will check the compression and valves tonight. Thanks.

If you have fuel in all the bowls then it is either still two plugged idle jets or compression or more than likely something with the ignition as 2 and 3 are fired from the same coil and point set.

I thought I would let it warm up a little before I checked the compression. Decided to feel the pipes when I first started it and they are all hot now except for #2.

And now gas is slowly dripping out of the #2 drain hose so I'm guessing I need to recheck the float level there?

Back