• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Motorcycle salvageyard

Bohnzye

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys, My buddy who lives in PA bought a vetter windjammer off of Ebay and asked if I would pick it up as the seller only lived 30 minutes west of me so I agreed. Well I thought Iwas going to someones house to pick this up and as it turns out it's a mammoth motorcycle salvage yard in Huron Ohio. I was initially thrown back by the amount of bikes I seen until the owner cameout and told me about the 5 10,000 sq ft airplane hangers full of parts. :) I know alot of us try to buy local due to shipping costs but thought I would share this companies info with yah for future reference. I cant endorse this guy as I haven't bought anything from him but he sure has a wealth of parts, engines. He does have an Ebay store but also sells locally to the general public if you were inclined to drive up here. 20141121_091442.jpg20141121_091526.jpg20141121_091535.jpg20141121_091543.jpg20141121_092508.jpg Thanks and have a great weekend.

Hey Guys, My buddy who lives in PA bought a vetter windjammer off of Ebay and asked if I would pick it up as the seller only lived 30 minutes west of me so I agreed. Well I thought Iwas going to someones house to pick this up and as it turns out it's a mammoth motorcycle salvage yard in Huron Ohio. I was initially thrown back by the amount of bikes I seen until the owner cameout and told me about the 5 10,000 sq ft airplane hangers full of parts. :) I know alot of us try to buy local due to shipping costs but thought I would share this companies info with yah for future reference. I cant endorse this guy as I haven't bought anything from him but he sure has a wealth of parts, engines. He does have an Ebay store but also sells locally to the general public if you were inclined to drive up here.View attachment 4555View attachment 4556View attachment 4557View attachment 4558View attachment 4559 Thanks and have a great weekend.
What's his name on ebay store

I think this is his name on fleabay

Attachments

• 2965E12C-51CB-4B06-841E-6666D979CD4B.png
    2965E12C-51CB-4B06-841E-6666D979CD4B.png
    309.7 KB · Views: 85
Very cool, wish I had something like that locally.
Hate to see bikes just sitting out in the elements though.
We had or have.. a place in orange county California off of highway 39 (Beach Blvd.) and the owner got wise Because a ton of people would walk the grounds just to check it out. Can't blame the people..I would do the same and I did buy from them here and there.
The owner was smart and he charged 5 buck a head (no matter the age) if you bought anything after going in the yard , I mean anything even a ...anything.
Then dude would give you your money back.
People still went and nobody cared to pay & as for the owner..Let's just say he made out. He made out like a bandit...or a fox.

We had or have.. a place in orange county California off of highway 39 (Beach Blvd.) and the owner got wise Because a ton of people would walk the grounds just to check it out. Can't blame the people..I would do the same and I did buy from them here and there.
The owner was smart and he charged 5 buck a head (no matter the age) if you bought anything after going in the yard , I mean anything even a ...anything.
Then dude would give you your money back.
People still went and nobody cared to pay & as for the owner..Let's just say he made out. He made out like a bandit...or a fox.
There's a yard like that for classic cars in Illinois, just across the river from St. Louis. but he charges $10. He had a complete, running CBX 6 cylinder in there one time when I was there, but he wouldn't sell it. His kid had wrecked on it and he said it was too dangerous to ride. I tried to tell him I was older than his kid and knew my limitations, but he wouldn't budge.

There's a yard like that for classic cars in Illinois, just across the river from St. Louis. but he charges $10. He had a complete, running CBX 6 cylinder in there one time when I was there, but he wouldn't sell it. His kid had wrecked on it and he said it was too dangerous to ride. I tried to tell him I was older than his kid and knew my limitations, but he wouldn't budge.
That sucks But kind of cool of him for trying to look out for others ...But not everyone is like his son..maybe his son was trying to show off in front of some gala and wrecked.. I've done that But on my dirtbike starting from when I was in 7th grade until.....I'll have finish this comment when I stop trying to show off just to impress my wife of 10 years (But together for 14 years).
She said I can stop especially because grown ass men don't get stitches as much as me and it costs money even with insurance.
🤪

That sucks But kind of cool of him for trying to look out for others ...But not everyone is like his son..maybe his son was trying to show off in front of some gala and wrecked.. I've done that But on my dirtbike starting from when I was in 7th grade until.....I'll have finish this comment when I stop trying to show off just to impress my wife of 10 years (But together for 14 years).
She said I can stop especially because grown ass men don't get stitches as much as me and it costs money even with insurance.
🤪
I know what you mean. My wife kept trying to get me to quit showing off clear up to the day she passed. The deal with the bike happened like 27 years ago, so the parts to fix that thing were probably still readily available at that point. It's probably been crushed or rusted into the ground by now. Sad.

I know what you mean. My wife kept trying to get me to quit showing off clear up to the day she passed. The deal with the bike happened like 27 years ago, so the parts to fix that thing were probably still readily available at that point. It's probably been crushed or rusted into the ground by now. Sad.
very sad

even though I don't know you & typically try to say something to console you even if they know you or not and they mean well...I think there's nothing anyone can say to help..
that's what I learned when my mom passed away in 1997 it was actually October 12th was 26 years when my mom passed. she was 49 and I was 21. she was taken without any sign. she had an aneurysm and that was that.
im pushing 48 and my son is pushing 22 and I trip out on that.
so I don't know what to say even though it obviously sucks. actually you know what.. I am going to say something..I hope to God that im by my wife's side or her on mine when it's one of our time .
Sorry I felt for some strange reason to get into something without even knowing who you are.

Wow look at all them bikes I wish we had somthing like this in the UK .the only place I know that was like this was a old guy collected any lorry truck tractor X military x emergency vehicles .he had hundreds some these trucks he had was X military an it was like special one off vehicles he had them god know how he had the cash to buy these outside his yard gates he had rows of X fire engines you always see ppl stopped and veiwing these if he was at the gates he used to open the doors of the fire engines an ppl used sit-in them .
His main gates was alway locked no one could walk around his site it was all his private collection. The council forced sale on his land to build a new road cleared it all an now we have a road gone a peice of our towns history .

Yea I went there a few times and I was always blown away with all the trucks this guy had no idea how he paid for all them lol there was some odd ball trucks too lol

Back