• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1980 CB750F Frame, Which engines will fit?

thesantaman

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I have a 1980 CB750F Frame, and a lot of parts lying around. I pulled the engine, and found a couple valves have holes burnt through them. With the cost of valves adding up to more than the cost of a good used engine, I was curious.

Which engines will bolt into the CB750F frame?

I have been looking into some night hawk engines from the 90's and maybe even a CB900 engine? Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys

Did you ever have any luck or anything to share? I have a running 82CB750sc and I just bought an 82cb900 donor bike to either use the cams but I've thought about using the whole top end or even and entire swap. I haven't found much talk from guys who have done any of this but the info I've gathered leads me to believe that it's possible.

Anything from '79-'83 750-900-1000-1100 DOHC will fit (bolts right in), but some are much harder than others. Some rubber mount and some solid and shaft drive makes much bigger issues though they can be changed to chain drive too. Forget the later stuff, much more work there than you think.

Can't use top end off a 900 other than head and higher, the crank MUST swap with 750, the stroke is different and pistons will not come to top of block. 900 block won't fit on 750 case either, the cylinder spigot holes are too small. 900 top end on a 750 is one of those urban legends that is false.

Back