• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Headlight and Taillight issues

Fluffmygarfield

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Here are my issues on my 1972:

When the ignition switch is turned on (both engine running or off) and squeeze the hand break, but the taillight does not turn on. When turning on the light switch, the display light in the tachometer, speedometer and the taillight all turn on, but the headlight does not. I was hoping someone would possibly have an idea of the cause, other then faulty wiring. I dont wanna rewire :yikes:

P.S. I opened up the headlight housing and taillight and checked the bulbs and they are still working

The headlight has been a problem before the ignition switch was changed. The taillight seemed to start right after I installed the new ignition switch

ok. My best advice is to get out a voltmeter and start searching for any bad connections and/or short circuits. One wire at the time. It's impossible to tell you what is wrong here on the interwebz

Did you clamp or solder your new connections on your wires?

Yeah, that's what I'm about to do right now. Thank you!

And no I didn't do any work on the wires/connections. From the looks of it, no one has a quiet awhile haha

Back