• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Head clearance

motogtp

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
I have a small oil leak at the head gasket so I am planning on replacing it this winter. I don't want to pull the engine out. Will I have enough clearance to pull the head without having to cut the top tubes?

No you cant do any top end work with the motor in frame unless you cut the tubes out. They make the kits to weld in so the tubes are removable. Removing the engine is not a big deal it just takes two people to handle the weight of the motor. They are not hard to remove and make it easier to do the actual work to the motor. I can get them out in about 30 to 45 minutes depending on how rusty the fasteners are.

I guess I should have asked is what year is your bike? If it is a sohc motor then no you dont have room. The dohc maybe...the manual still says to pull the motor. Nice site you found other then they have some years wrong and there has never been a KZ designation for the 750. The 78 was till the sohc and the dohc came out in 79. Not sure where there info came from but not all of it is accurate.

I noticed the years too, I'm wondering if they are following manufacturing dates instead of model years.

Back