• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Minnesota $400 82 Honda CB750 Custom

Netsurfers

218 Born & Raised
Reaction score
Bought this bike for 400 bucks, Previous owner was a friend of mine and I did all maintenance and all work on it. Bought it at 30k miles, Finally she reached 45k miles and started really leaking oil and missing on one cylinder when its cold.

So I took her in to my living room in my tiny apartment and decided to pull her apart and just fix it up and make it mine.

I attached a picture of my not so sexy self and my good looking for $400 bike.

This was NOT the first bike I owned but by far my favorite.

My plans is to black it out. I dont care about worth, Its my bike and she'll stay mine till the day I die(Hopefully old age, Not because of stupid MN drivers)

Looking to make it look and sound aggressive, anybody seen some cool mods?

10302517_10154172290515224_9102354561409092857_n.jpg

Yeah my roommate isnt happy with a motorcycle torn apart in the apartment :)

So far I bought about 500 dollars in parts. A new master cylinder cup, A rebuilt kit for the master cylinder, New rings, And a gasket kit. Buying a 4 in to 1 exhaust tomorrow.

Now my question, Should I black everything out but the chrome, Or should I leave the paint as is and black the chrome out?

Im thinking about blacking the chrome out with gloss black and painting the rest of the bike a lighter blue.

I was thinking bars. I pulled the ones of my dirtbike for the hell of it to see how it looked. Looked good but it needed to be brought back a little so im going to try and find ones with a better curve to it.

As far as seat. What do you have in mind?

Lots of good ideas in the photo gallery. I put drag bars and bar end mirrors (Dime City Cycles) on mine. I like the look. Also removed the rear fender and shortened the seat pan by 5". I made a custom bracket for the small taillight and license plate. You could drop the forks in the triple trees an inch or so. That would quicken the steering and give it more of a café racer look. I like the black and chrome look. Here is a couple pictures of mine.

Attachments

• Nearly done.jpg
    Nearly done.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 115
  • New exhaust.jpg
    New exhaust.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Shortened seat pan 001.jpg
    Shortened seat pan 001.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 102
Well I can't even see the seat in your photos but you said you wanted it to look aggressive... and a stock seat, fender, brake light, etc, just don't look aggressive to me. I was thinking cafe seat.. not that a cafe look is aggressive, but it would clean up the ass end a bit.

Yeah, The brake light was getting replaced. I actually found a guy locally that does custom fenders and he made me a nice custom one with a LED brake light, license plate holder. I'll take pictures of it when I finish painting it.

But the damnest thing happened today, I was on my way to work and I saw a bike in someones driveway with a "for sale" sign, I passed it not caring and on my lunch break I drove back and it looks just like my cb750 but looks nice as hell, No rust, No paint fade. So I stopped, Was a 81 cb900. It was her fathers bike and she cant get it running she said. Wanted 150 for it. With a title, I bought it on the spot and took it home, Idk what she was talking about because I turned the key and hit the button and she popped off almost instantly with a jump pack on it. So im extremely excited for next summer.

10749561_927686443927038_548232956_n.jpg

Damn that was a hell of a find!! I see motorcycle hoarding in your future. Several years ago I found a few good deals like that and it lead to having up to 8 bikes at a time. :eek: I bought about 20 bikes in a 2-3 year span. I now try to keep myself to under 6 motorcycles due to space constraints. :)

Back