• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

hello,another new guy,following the faith.

losttravlyr

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
hello,just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. this has got to be one of the best places i have seen for 750 info. i am now building a 78 with a cycle one tail section and everything else scrounged or redone old rescue parts. i took a semi running stocker i had never rode and started cutting with a sawzall the day i got it. it has taken way to long but i should be finished this autumn or winter. it is down to just needing a chain and battery for parts and the time to do some last bit welding and then wiring. after that,working out the bugs which i am sure is going to be aggravating. cleaning up a couple sets of carbs now,keytop and roundtop, not certain which ones will end up on there yet. glad i found this place,and hope that questions will not be minded much.

bike @ shop.jpg

Last edited:
We like questions here:thumbsup: I like the round top carbs because I can tune them easier but the "keytop" can be made to run good too. Keep in mind the roundtop carbs are smaller on the engine side and the air filter side. On all of them that I have measured anyway. You need different intake rubbers and different filters if you are swapping between them. If the motor is stock I would use what ever carbs you have the correct rubbers and air filter for. Just a thought.

thanks guys,,the stock oil tank is off of there now,,gonna use a old santee octagon for the batt box. also reworking a old set of 750 floorboards,dont know if i am going to use pegs on the front board mount now instead of the boards yet though , it;s kinda whatever works out. wanted them for the linkage with the shifter and brake which i had to redo some with a riding mower rod. i am hung up on the rescued parts,lol

i didnt even think on the carbs,,i just assumed it would be plug n play.i knew the airbox rubber hoses were larger,,i didnt even think about the head manifold,,duh. i will check that out tomorrow. i am missing one small pilot jet washer on the keytops ,part of the reason i was looking at the roundtops. thanks.

Welcome and sweet chop, love the idea of rescued parts! Both the bottle caps and PD series are fairly simple to set up..im a rookie and have successfully set two diff bikes up ..ine a 73 with bottle caps and my bike a 78 with PD series...Best of luck and ask away if things pop up!

thanks man. this honda means a lot to me,,it may be the last build i do. realistically life is too short and there are more days behind me than ahead now. i have had two other honda chops that were done to flip in the late seventies and the early eighties but i dont recall running into these problems. life was a party then and i had a lot more access to people and shops vs doing this in the middle of nowhere from the ground up without any physical help. now any advice and parts are from people here on the net so it's a net build done with rescued parts. i guess that is why this one means so much,,i refuse to go the easy route and just buy a factory bike,,if i dont build it i dont want it. thanks again.

Back