• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Carb sync instrument? Need advice please...

JakeGrafton

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
What instrument(s) do you recommend for syncronisation of carbs on a '81 DOHC CB 750?

I know I can build one with tubes myself, but I'd prefer something with instruments on. And including proper plug-in pipes and a good "how to instruction".

Any advice would be appreciated. Will buy from Sweden...

TIA

PS. I'd say these look kinda tempting. Anyone have experience of these...?

1000x1000.jpg

Last edited:
The upper part of the picture yes I have:wink2: Just kidding I prefer the gauges anyday over the Motion Pro liquid filled tube type I have, You have to sync all four tubes with that type before You can even use them. Go with the gauges.

Not really, Just make sure they have damper adjustments on the the gauges to keep the needles from bouncing all over the place. Some are adjustable and others have a fixed orifice to keep this from happening.

I'm not real fond of the liquid tubes either but I couldn't afford the gauges at the time. When I need them again I'll likely get gauges.

For my 2 cylinder bikes I built a home made manometer (rubber tubing and a yard stick), worked fine for the most part, except when my sync was way off and it sucked all the transmission fluid into one of the carbs. I thought about building a 4 cylinder version, but decided to buy a real one. I got one similar to this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpha-Vacuum-Carburetor-Synchronizer-Gauge-GL-1100-1200-1500-Honda-carb-sync-/111491925802. Worked Great!

The important part is the 5m brass extensions that screw into the carbs. I also squirt a little soapy water on the end of the brass extension to make slipping the rubber hose on/off easier.

Back