• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

using pods, are they worth it?

allen_mclaughlin

CB750 Member
Reaction score
i have a 1978 cb750 four k, and i am building a cafe racer. i want to put pod air filters on the carbs, has anyone had majour issues jetting or anyother problems arise with pod filters?

You'll probably get mixed reviews on the pods. I personally like them but for a purely aesthetic reason. The shop I'm a part of uses them on every build but I'm not the carb guy so I can't speak for that end. I just can't imagine any other option when it comes to looks. The Airbox certainly doesn't look good.

I have those exact carburetors with pods and 4-2 pipes. Runs like a champ! You'll need to go up in main jets, turn out the A/F screw to compensate for the lean condition on the slow circuit and you'll need to shim your throttle needles to enrichen the mid range. Doing plug chops to get it spot on is the only way.

Welcome to the board and good luck!

Allen, Shimming the throttle needles is really pretty easy. I did that to my 92 Nighthawk and found the procedure on the Nighthawk Forums. Very thorough post.

I have those exact carburetors with pods and 4-2 pipes. Runs like a champ! You'll need to go up in main jets, turn out the A/F screw to compensate for the lean condition on the slow circuit and you'll need to shim your throttle needles to enrichen the mid range. Doing plug chops to get it spot on is the only way.

Welcome to the board and good luck!

How similar would that be with a 4into1 exhaust?

I have pods on mine and she runs like a champ! That being said they were on it when I bought the bike so I couldn't really help you out on personal experience, I know there's a chart somewhere that goes in depth about how much to go up and down in jet size in relation to mods, exhaust, etc

Back