• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Introducing Lucy

erikwillke

CB750 Member
Reaction score
New to the forum.

lucy_zpsfc358e9c.jpg

This is Lucy. She's a '73 750 I got from a friend that used to work in the bike shop with me. We're closing down the shop so she was a parting gift. I've loved CB750s since My 92 Nighthawk, Reba. Right now she's pretty rough. Engine needs rebuilt and there's alot of body work to be done. My end goal is an old school cafe. Clubmans and stock swing arm.

Here's my list of things I need to do. I'll have to edit this list from time to time. If anyone has any ideas or tricks let me know. I invite any constructive comments on this thread, especially from a community that lives and breathes CBs

1. Remove rust from tank
2. Cut and weld knee pockets in tank
3. Remove non-essential electronics
4. Replace tires
5. Replace brakes
6. Complete engine rebuild (This one knocks bad)
7. Inspect transmission
8. De-grease and repack all bearings
9. Replace fork springs with Progressive springs (replace fork oil and seals)
10. Replace chain with O-ring type
11. Install rear sets
12. Buy or fabricate seat pan
13. Fabricate seat
14. Paint frame
15. Paint tins
16. Trim front fender
17. Polish engine covers
18. Paint engine and tranny
19. Replace hoses and cables with steel braided
20. Replace fuel lines
21. Rebuild and jet carbs
22. Sync carbs
23. Relocate necessary electronics
24. Pull the ton!

Not sure yet if I want to keep the wheels or go with spokes. Spokes look better but I'd like to keep it as true to a garage build as I can.

Attachments

• lucy_zpsfc358e9c.jpg
    lucy_zpsfc358e9c.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 142
Pretty complete list,
If you're going that far, you could add
Update/upgrade ignition system
Tapered Head Bearings
Check/upgrade swing arm bushings
upgrade front brakes
upgrade rear shocks
Check/upgrade charging system and fuse box

My choices for the tank are 1. buy a tank with knee indentions. 2. cut and weld tank. 3. DIY denting. Number 1 is out because I want this to be a build I do, not someone else. Number 2 was what I was going to go with because I figured it would be easier than number 3 but DIY denting seems to be fairly easy from what I see on Youtube. There's more room for error but I think even if it's not perfect it will give it the distinctly Home-built look.

I'm wanting this to be a project that I do, not someone else so I've decided to make my own fiberglass seat pan as well. I want to make a cavity in the rear for a battery and the essential electronics since I want to open up the space under the seat. Of course that will mean making another oil tank. I want open funnels on the intake, not pods.

Back