• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Return Cable

sidmabb

Wolfman
Reaction score
I have had only the pull cable hooked up on my 1977 CB750F and it worked great that way. Today I put the carbs back on hopefully for the last time and hooked up the other cable. Now the throttle is extremely stiff. It worked fine when I 1st brought the bike home before I took the carbs off so I'm confused.
Do I even really need that second cable?

I also have a strange little spring I cant figure out where it belongs. best.jpg

Last edited:
That spring looks like one of the ones inside the throttle slide, the one that locks down your linkage that puĺls the throttle slides up when you roll your throttle. You should have a total of 4 of those springs. One in each carb.
And yes you'll need.to get it in place.

I only use the pull cable on mine..

That spring looks like one of the ones inside the throttle slide, the one that locks down your linkage that puĺls the throttle slides up
Thanks this also explains why that linkage fell apart on one carb. It must have been already off or got knocked off when I took it apart. I don't remember it falling out when I took the top off but it must have.

Back