• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1981 CB 750

CafeCrazy

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Just signed on guys! I'm building my first 1981 cb750, that I got from a good friend. I want to keep this bike and here's what I have. The bike has 29000 miles on it, I removed the fairing and stock seat. Put drop bars on and want to make it a daily driver in summer. I took the carbs off and had a bike shop rebuild the carbs. They also cleaned out the tank for me. The bike ran great for about a month, now one of the inside carbs leaks from bottom port. This thing pisses out as she runs. I was told the float is stuck. If I pull the bowl off can I fix this? Anything else I should be looking at? Thanx

If you "...took the carbs off and had a bike shop rebuild the carbs." the first thing to do might be to tell them have a look and redo whatever they did wrong... (Should last a little longer than one month).

Good luck!

If the shop rebuilt the carbs but did not put in new float needles I would have them do that while they are apart. Even then I have had new needles leak a little and had to polish up the seats with a little toothpaste. There is a you tube video floating around on how to do this.

Back