• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

rattle rattle cam chain

HYPNOSHAUN

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I just had my pants pulled down on ebay, said a bit of a rattle ??? mmm and said fork seals all good, no pi55ing out, so I need a cam chain, I want the one with a link, I know i people say not to use a link and split a new one, well I am nor willing to take all the time involved to replace by removing motor and stripping it down, too costly, so apprently there is a suplier that supplies the chain and a link for 42 pouinds, as wemoto want nearly 100 quid for a chain, conning sod, also any advice on doing this would be grear, I take it cam cover off, obviuosly, timing marks alligned, remove cam carriers undo the sprrocket 10mm bolts, and remove cam then use old cloth cover motor and split the chain, use lock wire to hold 2 ends together and drawthrough is this about it, any help is good, if a suzuki gsxr 750 no problems I can do them. many thanks in advance, please email me so I know you sent a reply mentalcombat01@gmail.com. Cn the tensioner be made to tighten the chain any how. apprently it is an import. ebay would not help me and gave the seller the judgment, he offeredd a full refund but too much to get back to him, BHPBREAKERS recons he knows nothing about bikes, lieing sod.

Back