• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Bores scopes/inspection cameras

sidmabb

Wolfman
Reaction score
Thinking of getting one of these but there are many options. There are ones with screens and ones that plug into a laptop. Some actually have both options. Most say automotive but few say water proof. What about oil/
hot oil? . Some say color so I'm guessing the others are not.

Please let me know what you have and your experience with it.
What should I look for? Would like to stay under $100

I have used the when I was an automotive tech. The best ones I have used are the more expensive color ones. The cheap ones have a very grainy picture and make it hard to see anything and aren't worth it. In this case the more expensive the better the picture quality you will get. The cheap ones just dont work well unless you are just looking to find a drop bolt or screw.

I have used the when I was an automotive tech. The best ones I have used are the more expensive color ones. The cheap ones have a very grainy picture and make it hard to see anything and aren't worth it. In this case the more expensive the better the picture quality you will get. The cheap ones just dont work well unless you are just looking to find a drop bolt or screw.
Thanks that is one of my concerns. Was looking at one with a tiny lens/head and no screen. About $70 on ebay

Back