• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Planning please help

chopkickcb750

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I am going to build a bike, I know I want a cb750 from the good kick start years but what one is the best? At this point any one will do for me but if one stands out from the rest as your favorite please tell me why. Thank you for your time.

All of the sohc motors are kickstart. If all you are doing is building a chopper, bobber then any year will work as for the most part they are all the same. If your are racing or wanting to build some power then combinations of years will yield the best product.

o yeah that's what I am talking about more power, whats the magic combo? I am just wanting to build a rigid chopper but I do like POWER too.

Depends on how much power and how much money you have. 750 isn't cheap once you want to start building power. If you want the best stock power then go for a 77 or 78 supersport motor, but in stock trim they have valvetrain issues. If you want a good stock hp K motor then go for a K2 or K3 at the latest. K1 would be the best but good luck finding one. If you have the money and want decent to serious hp then you would have to PM me as it gets very involved. Check out my 970 build thread for some ideas what has to go into a bigger motor as far as parts.http://www.cb750.com/threads/411-I-think-I-see-a-new-motor-build-coming

Sometimes I have great luck tell me about the K1.
No worries I looked it all up I hope I get lucky.

Last edited:
Back