• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

78 cb750a carb swap

S QUINTIN

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I'm done messing with junk carbs on 78 CB750A:banghead:
So can someone help with the best carbs to use the thought of using round tops(have had good luck with them)
sounds good but I'm open anything that will be reliable losing the air box is ok with me.
If you have thoughts of a carburetor system that will work please let me know the year type and what intake rubbers( Mine are getting hard) that will be needed. Also cables or anything that I'm going to need.
THANKS SHAWN
can you make The header and muffler from A CB750 fit the CB750A?

Get the roundtops from like 1971 to 1976 (dual cable operated). They are the easiest to tune in. You'll need the intake manifolds for those as well since they wont fit your CB750A rubbers. Slap on some pods and start doing plug chops to get your a/f ratio correct. I believe the ćarb specific throttle cable will fit your stock throttle grip, but I could be wrong..

You will have to do something with the vacuum operated idle up system or you will have issues with it stalling when you put it into drive.

Thanks you know the idle up has never worked on mine.I was looking for vacuum leaks and never hooked it back up.Never had it stall do you think the round tops are more finicky?

Back