• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Laws against no front fender?

Kielg

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi all, changing the tires today I realized I really like the look without the fender. I know it will lead to road spray but not too concerned with that. However people have told me it's illegal to ride without it but after much searching online I cant find anything to suggest this is the case. Anyone have any insight? (I'm in Michigan btw)
I'll post a picture of how she looks when I get home.

You will have to check with your local DMV as motorcycle equipment laws are different in every state.

I rode about 100 miles this spring on a street fighter style bike and when the road was wet water flew right strait up in front of my light it was cool but only for a mile in town.
Point of the story is I was never puller over.

I rode about 100 miles this spring on a street fighter style bike and when the road was wet water flew right strait up in front of my light it was cool but only for a mile in town.
Point of the story is I was never puller over.

On my maiden voyage today a state trooper pulled up next to me asking if I was looking for my buddy (I was lol) and did not say anything about the fender not being there. So I guess it's alright, then again state boys tend to not really care about little things like that. Until I hear otherwise, it stays off!

Nice, my ride was good today all accept the part where I left my choke on half way and thought I got some bad gas. I pulled over and realized that the choke was the problem but for that half a minute I was picturing carb work today..... lucky I was just forgetful.

Next time you ride in the rain enjoy the show. Its like a reverse water fall right off your tire and if your lucky enough that its night your lights with light it up great.

Nice, my ride was good today all accept the part where I left my choke on half way and thought I got some bad gas. I pulled over and realized that the choke was the problem but for that half a minute I was picturing carb work today..... lucky I was just forgetful.

HA! Gotta love when it's an operator error and not something expensive or time consuming! I'll keep an eye out for the spray next time it's wet

I have a bobber w/o a front fender, been riding it for about 6 years in Michigan. It's never been brought up as an issue, even the one time I was pulled over one spring for not having a current sticker (just hadn't put it on yet).

Of course, like the other said, crap will shoot up at you from the road, and riding in the rain is especially bad.

I dont know about MI but I know here in MN its not required and I DO NOT run a front fender and I wont either. Yes it does suck sometimes but thats alright. And yes, when it rains, not fun! But I still wont run one myself.

NoFrontFender_zps8d4a0fe5.jpg

For me the look is well worth it. Plus if it's raining ill be wet already, right? So not a big deal

Just beware that your tire doesnt wear through any loose brake lines, happened to a friend of mine who discovered it just in time!

For me the look is well worth it. Plus if it's raining ill be wet already, right? So not a big deal

OK, but keep in mind its worse than just getting wet, the rain kicks up from below. For me, it finds that gap under my chin of my full face helmet. Plus stones will kick up at you going down a dirt road.

HaHa, I have a loose gravel driveway that is about 600+ feet long and even going slow I feel like I am getting sand blasted in the face. It sucks so now I ride on the edge where there is some grass. lol

That's funny. I can do that for first 1/4 mile down my street, but then I have an other 1/4 mile down an other dirt road before I hit pavement. And that last one drops off into a ditch. Usually I'm going pretty slow anyways, dodging the potholes.

I rode my Kawasaki without a front fender until the first good rain I drove through.

Back