• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Ground Clearance

gibbermonkey

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I managed to pick up a CB750f frame, 79-82, which I'm hoping to use as the basis of a bobber. I'm trying to set it up on my frame jig and work out where I want to position the rear wheel, but to do this I really need to know where the front one's gong to be, or more specifically, at what height the frame rails sit above the ground. I'd like the rails to be absolutely parallel to the ground when the bike's done, but with just the frame I'm obviously missing a number of parts vital to the necessary calculations.

Any help appreciated.

I would wait with doing anything with the frame until you know what you are going to use for a front end whether it is a stock one or different length tubes. You need the wheels and front end before you can really start to do any modifications to the frame.

Sound advice, thanks. I've got some standard yokes heading to me in the post and I know of a local breaker who has some fork legs and some Comstars. I'll wait until I've got the parts I need, and done a mock-up to judge the compression of the forks under the weight of the engine, before I do anything else.

Back