• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Just won a bid for a '75 complete bike

jbird7262

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just won a bid for a '75 complete bike, 33K on the speedo, says it runs but you know how that goes. also comes with a complete 2nd engine, tank, seat, oil box, rear rim and tire, pipes, extra bank of carbs and other small parts. $ 570, I don't think that's too shabby. I'll bring a new battery, plugs, some fresh gas and a can of starting fluid and see if we can light her up. :cheers:

@ dirtdigger, you have any tips for waking her up, owner says it's been about a year since he started the bike, I thought a new battery and maybe some freash plugs and some fresh gas, I've been out of the bike game at least 25 years, but some how i keep doing everyones paint and body and hardtail work!!! But this was a deal to get me back in the game.

Hard to say if the carbs are going to be clean enough after that long. Seems the gas leaves a terrible residue on jets and carb insides when it is left in and evaporates out. I would take a look see if points look corroded and clean as necessary. Check to see if oil is still in the oil tank and not in the bottom of the engine. I would change anyway but pull the plugs and spin the motor over to get oil circulating before firing it. Fresh gas, plugs and battery if the old one is bad would be a good idea. When you get her running treat her to a good tune up(point/timing adjust, valve adjust, timing chain adjust, oil change, carb sync.) I am betting your carbs will need some work though seems like a never ending battle. Let us know how it goes.

I'm going up to NY Friday to pick it up, thought a can of carb. cleaner, new battery, gas and maybe some plugs, I'm not going to bitch if it won't start, but the tune-up will be the first thing with a compression check. Thanks

Run some Seafoam through your carbs, it will get rid of the varnish. Check the boots from filter to carbs, carbs to head for leaks, put in a new air filter. Change out the oil and filter, run some clean brake fluid through the systems. Remove the alternator cover and give the gubbins inside a good clean. Check the tires for cracks and deterioration. I didn't notice the pods, hope the jetting is correct. A Morgan's Colourtune would be invaluable when choosing the correct jets.

Last edited:
Working on another cb750, complete w/ title for $100, we'll see how this goes, might be a better canidate for a project and sell off parts from the first one.

This was just luck, a fellow employee's neighbor had a yard sale and it was in the garage covered in years of dust. But we'll see how it pans out.

FYI, I moved the above posts from wyliecoyote's thread to this new thread. They weren't relevant to his thread.

Back