• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

It's worth all the attention

motogtp

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
There were at least a couple of setbacks that had me wanting to chuck this old bike. Now that it's finally done people walk up and ask questions more than 1/2 the time that I stop somewhere. Yesterday I stopped at a convenience store and when I came out 3 guys were standing around the bike talking about it. Good thing I wasn't in a hurry 'cuz we all chatted for about 20 minutes. That 20 minutes of fun made up for hours of frustration. Something about these old Hondas...

I'm there with ya, I love it when people comment on my bikes. A lot of the time I hear, "I had one of those back when ...."

I have 2 xs650s, one stock and one bobber. A lot of the times I'll ride with my wife and people and are shocked when I tell them they are the same model, one has just been customized and the other fully restored.

I'm there with ya, I love it when people comment on my bikes. A lot of the time I hear, "I had one of those back when ...."

I have 2 xs650s, one stock and one bobber. A lot of the times I'll ride with my wife and people and are shocked when I tell them they are the same model, one has just been customized and the other fully restored.

Yep, a lot of times I hear the "my dad/uncle/brother had one of those..."

It amuses me that you can spend $20k on a Harley, put another $5k worth of parts on it, and it still gets lost in a parking lot.

Ride something old school cool and it turns heads.

Yes, a great quote indeed. Last weekend I went cruising around a lake near here. Stopped at a convenience store and parked a couple slots down from two Harleys. The guys didn't even give me a "hey fellow biker" glance. A young family parked in between and guess whose bike they walked up to? Ha!!

Well She save me by waving at a stranger today Clutch cable broke on the last 30 miles of a 150 mile ride today. A stranger past by and had to go a mile to turn around and come see my bike on the side of the road and He's tell me he was working on a 1981 cb750f. He saw mine from the road way and first thought it was a 900. Little did he know about my mechanical problem. Well to make a long story short this older man had to push me so I could get in first to get started.

Yes, a great quote indeed. Last weekend I went cruising around a lake near here. Stopped at a convenience store and parked a couple slots down from two Harleys. The guys didn't even give me a "hey fellow biker" glance. A young family parked in between and guess whose bike they walked up to? Ha!!
That's awesome moto..) I get that all the time on the road. Now I wait for the safe riding hand wave before initiating one...

That's awesome moto..) I get that all the time on the road. Now I wait for the safe riding hand wave before initiating one...

Well I had a different experience last weekend. Sitting at a river parking lot, first a couple on a Harley walked up with questions and then another Harley guy. The second guy had owned a '66 Honda 160 and a Shadow in the 80's. We had a nice conversation. It would be fun to own that Honda 160 today!

It amuses me that you can spend $20k on a Harley, put another $5k worth of parts on it, and it still gets lost in a parking lot.

Ride something old school cool and it turns heads.

There's alot of truth to that. The circle I ride with is about 100 and they're probably 90% HD. I really dig metrics and love working on them. Custom HDs are a dime a dozen but custom metrics always seem to turn heads. (plus they're a ton cheaper to build and keep)

I live near Wisconsin Dells, we get a lot of tourists in town during the summer and have a lot of bikes on the road. Last year I was on the main drag in traffic, a fully dressed Harley pulls up next to me and dude nods at me and says "nice". 78 K sporting a Vetter Windjammer III Fearing.

Very nice robped. The Dells would be a great place to cruise. I need to add that my "places I need to ride someday" list.

When I bought my K2 from its previous owner, I got 3 offers to buy it on the 100 mile drive home, and that was with it in the back of my pick up! A lot of times when I ride, people in the cars around me take pictures of it when I stop at a red light or as I pass them on the highway. Sometimes I worry this bike is going to cause an accident some day...lol. They weren't kidding when they said " You meet the nicest people on a Honda "!

Back