• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Sometimes I get lucky

Lechy

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I'm semi-retired in Thailand, I do an occasional job inspecting drilling rigs usually in North Africa. Most of the time I am on location living in a portacabin in the desert miles from the nearest civilization.
This time I had to look over a new rig so I was put in a resort hotel by the Red Sea.
Photo0241.jpgPhoto0242.jpgPhoto0243.jpgPhoto0244.jpgPhoto0245.jpgPhoto0246.jpgPhoto0247.jpg

Sometimes I get lucky.

Long story, 17 years ago I went to Hong Kong for a 3 month job, turned out to be 2 years, met my wife there, she is Thai. Worked in Europe for a few years, went back to the U.K. for a couple of holidays and became disenchanted with the place. Bought a retirement home in Thailand for about 1/10th the cost of something similar in the U.K. Been here for 10 years. The cost of living is so low you wouldn't believe it. I can do 2 7 day projects and have enough to live extremely well for a year. The work is sporadic but I don't need much.

I live about 50K north of Bangkok in a small township, no hills and no twistys. Everyone has a small 100cc scooter and in the evening it is bedlam in town. It is very pleasant to ride around the local canals but after last years flooding the roads are badly potholed.

Photo0079.jpgPhoto0080.jpgPhoto0084.jpgPhoto0085.jpgPhoto0088.jpg

Back