• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Help with 98' CB750 NH Bobber build

Diesel2828

CB750 New member
Reaction score
New to the CB seen. I have been looking for a 750 for some time now to build into custom bobber. I just landed a sweet deal on a 1998 Nighthawk 750 DOHC. I have seen a lot of info on building 82' and older but I don't see much on a 98'. Is there a reason for this? I have even seen rear frame kits and other parts for the older models but nothing for a 98'. Trying to do this with sending as little as I can. Having someone help with the welding seeing as I have only done a few small stick welds, nothing major.

Any ideas or reasons as to why there is not much out there for anything newer then 82'? If there is please share.

Thank you and happy building.:bike:

Most of this site is geared toward the classic old sohc bikes and some on the early dohc bikes. The sohc is by far more popular and basically has a cult following. They have an endless selection of aftermarket parts. The new bikes just dont have the collectabilty or appeal of the old orignial bikes.

Ok, still kicking away at this project even though parts are hard to come by if any.. so far I have the hard on and leaving the front basically stock just striping it down some. Needing a little help with tank fitment and bars. I think I can just put small bar risers on to help with hitting the tank I pick but the problem is that I'm having trouble finding a good tank that looks good and fits. I bought the king tank from TC bros. Good looking tank but doesn't fit well on the rear of the tank. Sell and looking for another option. I know this is a one one type build but if anyone has any suggestions please feel free.

Thanks

Back