• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

96 750 needles

cutlass79500

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Quick question my 96 is running rich fluffy black. The former owner told me he cleaned the carbs but did not change the oring bowl gasket. When its running it does drip a little from the bowls. All the plugs look the same you get a little black smoke when you crack the throttle. The bike has a supertrapp exhaust with 17 discs they even drilled a 1 inch hole in the top of the air box. Air filter is clean exhaust sooty black but not oily. My question is the bike has viton needles and the seats look perfect You flip the carbs they seal. The floats are non adjustable i do not think the factory needles were viton. I had an 80s honda if i remember right they say a lot of aftermarket needles do not work is this true on the late models i think they take the same needles. I am gonna put the carbs level and fill them up see if any comes out in the throttle bore. I hate to replace 100 worth of needles if i do not have to. Just curious if anyone has ever ran into this. On the old honda i ended up swapping the floats and and needles going with adjustable floats after replacing 2 sets of needles a new float and even bought a factory needle.
Also forgot to mention mains are 112 low speed 35 does not look like they have been drilled but cant be sure

Back