• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Some nimrod cut the plug off at the switch

sidmabb

Wolfman
Reaction score
The previous owner must have toasted the ignition switch and just wraped the wires together and put an on off switch near the battery. 1977 CB750F Super Sport. I have purchased a switch and plan to plug the wires in 1 at a time or find a plug at a parts store that will work. Can some one tell me which wire goes where. I notice there are 4 wires and 6 spades also.
Thanks
switch arrows.jpg

Last edited:
Ok you should have
TL1 brown white wire
TL2 brown wire
PA brown wire joins into tl2
Ig black wire
Battery red wire
Try and match them up from where the connector block is in the headlight

Ok you should have
TL1 brown white wire
TL2 brown wire
PA brown wire joins into tl2
Ig black wire
Battery red wire
Try and match them up from where the connector block is in the headlight
That helps if you can tell which spade on the switch to hook the battery wire to I can figure the rest out with an ohm meter

REALLY No one has an old harness or a bike apart enough they can look at that plug that plugs into the switch & tell me which contact to hook the red wire to or better yet where each wire goes. I'm getting tired of buying parts not knowing how its going to run. I can't see buying a harness just to get that plug. Leaning more and more toward scrapping it.

Did you ever solve this? If not, I can provide the wire color/connector map for the ignition switch if you still need it. I just finished refurbishing my own harness.

Did you ever solve this? If not, I can provide the wire color/connector map for the ignition switch if you still need it. I just finished refurbishing my own harness.
Honestly shortly after I posted this I put the bike away in the shed for winter & forgot about it.
Yes that would be a great help
Thank you.

I'll be wrenching all weekend, so I should be able to gather some picts. Can you "fan" the wires out that are joined with the wire nut (but leave the wire nut in place) and post a pict?

I'll be wrenching all weekend, so I should be able to gather some picts. Can you "fan" the wires out that are joined with the wire nut (but leave the wire nut in place) and post a pict?

Give me a couple weeks. Bike is buried in shed and I just had open heart surgery a couple weeks ago. I'm up and moving but not ready to be messingt with it.

I just had to do something similar to the harness on my current build ( http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,100352.0.html ). The P.O. (previous owner) had hacked off the plug and cobbled an earlier model switch in its place. I have rotated the attached photo so it is oriented the same as the switch connection in your photo. So using the tags in your photo the connector block gets wired like so:

Ignition 2.jpg

Number 1>Brown
Number 2>Not used
Number 3>Brown with White stripe
Number 4>Black
Number 5>Red
Number 6>Brown

I used Vintage Connections connectors ( http://www.vintageconnections.com/ ) to replace the connectors that go in the 6-way connector block. I had an extra 6-way connector housing from another repair, but Vintage Connections also has the 6-way blocks to go with the connectors. I did a write up regarding the proper method for using their crimp tool (I highly recommend splurging for the proper crimp tool) and can be found here:

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,146874.msg1673371.html#msg1673371

Of course, the insulators aren't required when the connectors are being inserted into a connector block.

Back