• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Misfire

TurboTom

CB750 New member
Reaction score
My 1980 cb750kz has a misfire from 4500 rpm,this is so bad by the time you are at 6000 the bike starts to slow up,The bike has not been used for some time,but has float bowls drained,new fuel,plugs oil and filter Starts and idles ok.Any help would be great.

My 1980 cb750kz has a misfire from 4500 rpm,this is so bad by the time you are at 6000 the bike starts to slow up,The bike has not been used for some time,but has float bowls drained,new fuel,plugs oil and filter Starts and idles ok.Any help would be great.

pop the air filter off and clean it or fir a new one. clean the jets in the carb out as the could of gummed up from the old petrol and try balancing the carbs hopefully this will sort it out.

You will more then likely need to actually clean out the carbs and then you are opening a whole nother can of worms once you start messing with the stock pos carbs.

Thanks for that,took carbs off and removed all jets etc blew out with air line and carb cleaner although not really dirty.When doing this i see that the cdi amplifiers are melting and to be honest the misfire seems more electrical than fuel ,would this be likley to cause a misfire ? Thanks.

Back