• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Thinking about my 750a and nitrous

S QUINTIN

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I was looking in my shop and found complete nitrous kit that i had for kz750 then i looked at my cb750a and i thought that could be fun!!!!
The kit is for a 25hp shot has anyone ever tried this?
Will the torque converter and trans hold up?
This is just for fun no drag racing.
:)

As long as you dont go any more then 25hp I think it will hold. Keep the ignition timing conservative and use premium. Any more and you will have to upgrade bottom end parts. A lot of people drag race the auto's because they are extremely consistent and they dont break down. There are 1000cc auto's and as far as I know the converters and trans are stock simply because there are no other parts options available for them.

I used nitrous on other bikes with good luck as long as you don't get crazy with it your ok.
Just thought it might be fun and like most people with a 750A i don't have much in the thing.
I have read of people installing big bore kits in them and that they hold up well
Didn't know about the converter being stock must be pretty strong.
Do you know if you use lighter wight oil will you get more stall from the converter? ( use 10-40)
Thanks

I would never go lighter then 10-40, on any big bore or highway use cb I use 20-50 and an oil cooler. Air cooled bikes are hard on oil to start with, dont go less than 10-40

Back