• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Any good chain and sprocket kits for 1980 CB750c?

shadowmoses42

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for an affordable but still durable chain and sprocket kit for my 1980 CB750c.

I believe the specs needed are: 18T front, 43T Rear, 530 and 106 link chain.

even if you know a decent sprocket kit and chain separate that's fine. Was just looking for something totally around $200 if possible.

Please include links. Thanks!

Totally doable.... I'd check eBay, best bet to buy separately. The sprockets will be specific to the bike. If you dig you can find a good named brand (RK, EK, ....) 530 O or X ring chain for about $100. Pay attention to the tensile strength / cc rating.

Totally doable.... I'd check eBay, best bet to buy separately. The sprockets will be specific to the bike. If you dig you can find a good named brand (RK, EK, ....) 530 O or X ring chain for about $100. Pay attention to the tensile strength / cc rating.

What's the difference between X and O ring. Do they require tools to attach?

Just the difference in the sealing technique of the rollers, Just a pair of pliers to attach the master link clip make sure the clip closed end is in the direction of rotation of chain. I run a O-ring I like it but it,s a matter of preference both are good, But cannot use My chainguard the chain is wider than stock Yours being a 1980 maybe it will fit.

I found a Sun chain and sprockets on ebay for my 79 750F for $169. Oring chain and both sprockets, i went from the 630 down to 530 chain, less weight and chain noise. Dont remember the store name, sorry

Back