• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Will this work

sidmabb

Wolfman
Reaction score
1st I plan on removing all the Xed out portions and cleaning up the goober welds.

The previous owner tuned this into a hard-tail retaining the swing arm. If I cut out a section roughly between the lines and weld in shock mounts will it work. This is kinda what they did with the new Indian Scouts.
Or should I just live with the rough ride of the hard-tail as is. What are your thoughts.
x's.jpg

Honestly I would find a new frame, especially if you want to use shocks. The top half of what you have X ed out is actually the oem frame. But with that much welding that has been done to the metal I wouldn't want to trust any of the metal other than the down tubes and the engine cradle. If you had to keep that frame I would cut off everything but the neck, backbone, down tubes and bottom cradle, everything else in my opinion is cobbled together...and it looks kind of goofy. Best thing would be find a different stock frame if you want a stockish bike.

I want a bobber but at my age a hard tail would be a little rough. On the other hand I probably won't ride on the highway much, mostly in town I will have any welding done by a pro. Not sure I can afford a weld on hard tail.
Here is a picture of the Scout I got the idea from. Looking at it now I see the shock goes all the way to the swing arm. Indian-Scout-2015-012.jpg

I think you want to be a little careful on how small the shock/swing arm angle is. Too small and the upward movement of the swing arm will push past the shock movement curve and the whole thing will fold up. Then you would have an unintentional hard tail.

not mine . something similar to what you are thinking about maybe. easier though you could always build a kong section too and put a longer swingarm from a cb650 or exctend yours a couple inches.
IMG_20140807_181140_zpsab849f19.jpg

IMG_20140807_181013_zpsc1f55e1b.jpg

Back