• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1971 Freebie

tadd442

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
As posted on Travis' thread, I was given a 1971 CB750 K1. It has no title, (yet) and has been picked over, but what remains is in decent overall condition. The odometer reads 7,921 miles, and I believe it. My intentions are to get her back on the road and enjoy it for what it is, or will be.
Timeline? not a chance, unfortunately she is 3rd in line and will take a bit to get the needed parts.
I will update as I progress, and I hope you enjoy.

Tadd

P.S. I will get some pics of the tank later, & the bars are very much for sale!

1.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Damn that's a huge vise!!!!

Thanks for posting the pics. Looks like a lot of the important stuff is there except for the carbs, gas tank, and oil tank. What else are you missing?

I have a pile of donated parts from my buddy...carbs, oil tank, & some side covers. Airbox showed up in the mail today. The gas tank is on the shelf behind the vice, (to the right, on its side) it was gold, but most of it has been sanded off. I need a seat, (probably just buy a new one) a brake caliper, and most of the electrical pieces that connect into the main harness, which is there.

The vice (another freebie) jaws are either 10 or 12" wide and she opens about 2 feet.....sumbitch weighs about 250 lbs including the stand!

Holy shit! that is even bigger that I thought it was. I tend to like overly built things, but that might be excessive. Although I wouldn't have turned it down either if it was free.

So it sounds like you have pretty much everything you need beside those electrical components and a chain. Not too bad. And no I don't want your apes. You want some buck horns from an XS650? :laugh: probably not as I'm sure you have a set or two or those laying around.

Yeah I know.. but I was just sayin' I don't want them :laugh: Those bars aren't that bad for the right chopper project. Throw them up in the classifieds. :shrug:

I think to preserve the look and feel of the bike Tadd should definitely keep them and refresh the chrome. That's how he got the bike and that's how it should stay. Vintage is still vintage, no matter how uncomfortable and ungainly it is. I think he should use them as inspiration for the rest of the bike, ya know, sissy bar and everything early 70's ish. Perhaps some fish tail pipes sticking 3 feet above the bike like capt America and a raccoon tail swinging in the breeze from the sissy bar. He's got the helmet and cape to pull it off.

Now Tadd you know as well as I your head is the size of a large watermellon. With all that hot air and silly ideas I dont think any one but you could fit in it. I think we all on this forum must urge tadd to keep those bars and preserve what I have bestowed upon him. Hes only gonna ride it 15 miles away from home anyway so no chance of cramping up from those bars. I know this guy and he'll polish it up with a diaper every night and admire it from afar. Oh an by the way you missed "I KILL YOU"

Yes Tadd apparently, except mine. and exhaust was not cobbled together I just never got around to powder coating it after I removed the inner pipes. You head is larger cause it's full of hairbrained Ideas and hot air. So I poop on you.

Back