• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Motorcycle of the century

K2750tracy

K2750tracy
Reaction score
Motor Cyclist magazine has named the " 69 " cb 750 as motorcycle of the century in this months issue. Good article on the development and impact it had on the world of motor cycles and cycling in general.

Well I finally found it at the airport on my way to Vegas. It's a pretty good read. Pick it up if you can find it.

They said the CB750 was their unanimous choice for motorcycle of the century and that it changed everything, not becuase it was an engineering breakthrough, but because of the way Honda was able to put exotic technology (inline four, quad exhausts, disc brakes, electric start) in a mass-produced bike and make it reliable, fast, and affordable. They said it was the first "modern" motorcycle.

The article on the making of the bike was pretty good too. My favorite part was where they were testing three pre-production bikes in the Nevada desert. The testers drove 50 miles straight at redline to see what broke. Nothing did.

motorcyclist_cb750_01.jpg

motorcyclist_cb750_02.jpg

motorcyclist_cb750_03.jpg

motorcyclist_cb750_04.jpg

Ditto, I picked up mine in the Edmonton AB airport, on the way to Victoria BC . . . where I got 3 vials of touch up paint at Lordco . . . but that is another story . . . .posted elsewere on this site.

Last edited:
There's a testimonial to "RiceBurners" everywhere, Affordable, Economical and Reliable....What else do you want in a bike? Oh yeah... Blistering fast. Makuni can do that... Great post! )

Back