• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Float height for different jets?

Daren

Daren
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

disregard my earlier post about my clutch and trans. I was confused and asked the wrong questions.

Now I have another question and will try to ask it correctly with the proper terminology.
My bike came with PODS and stock 4 into 1 exhaust and the previous owner had put 122 mains, 42 slows, and floats at 22mm.
Needle is at center position.
My question.....is the reason the floats are set to 22mm rather than 26mm to accommodate the larger jets?
Everything I read says 26mm.

I have the carbs apart and will wait for advice before reassembly.
thanks in advance.

Last edited:
No the float height is not adjusted depending on jets. More then likely they either miss adjusted them or are compensating for other running issues to try and give it more gas with a high float level.

No the float height is not adjusted depending on jets. More then likely they either miss adjusted them or are compensating for other running issues to try and give it more gas with a high float level.

Thanks,
what other issues could be compensated for by float height?
I mean the only things left would be valves, rings and or pistons, which all lead to low compression.
Will 4mm make a huge difference, or just leave them where they are?

If it runs fine then leave them, if you are trying to fix a problem then put it back to spec and see how it runs

Back