• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Carb flat spot

S QUINTIN

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I just did a complete rebuild of the carbs on my 78 cb750A after adjusting and a good synchronization i gave it a test ride it runs and the idle is ok. BUT i now have a flat spot about 1/4 of the way into the throttle
If you give it full throttle it will take off after a second. I can find no vacuum leaks but having the choke on does seem to help the problem a little.I Installed all factory size jets and has the factory air box could it just be lean from the shit ass gas we have UP here Vermont(USA)?????
THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

Have you checked to make sure the accelerator pump is working and fuel is coming out of all 4 nozzles? These carbs are lean unless the accel pump is working. It can take a fair amount of time to get the air worked out of all the carbs.

ya put a accelerator pump in and made shore i could see fuel shooting out of all the carbs and it was.I also checked the plugs they look a little white but not bad so i don't thinks its that lean?

Back