• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

'80 CB 750 F SS has been in the garage since maybe 2005?

Ricebiker

CB750 Member
Reaction score
II'm finishing up an '82 Maxim 650. Made a hardtail out of it. Solo seat, etc. Waiting on some jets to arrive. Running lean.

When the XJ is done, I'd like to get the Honda going. Last time I had it running I felt the clutch going out, and the timing chain sounded like it was slapping around in there. The gas in the tank was held in by the paint, and I didn't have rear brakes, (rear brk master needs rebuild)

All pretty much original except straight handlebars, cafe fairing. Seat was recoveredwith thick vinyl. I know I'm going to need a tank for sure. A drive chain, and I think I was having trouble starting it in the rain. I rode that bike through the El Niño of '97 when it rained for more than 40 days and 40 nights. I counted the days it rained. It was 68 days. From November to January. Not constant rain, but it rained at least once everyday. I didn't own a car. So, I know. I was wearing rubber clothes everyday.

Also, there was a ton of crap in the tank, I would keep extra fuel filters with me, and would have to pull over and change the filter at odd times. Usually on the freeway.

Anyway, that's all I got for now.

'80 CB 750 F SS (garaged)
'82 XJ 650 Maxim (hardtail, rat build)
'80 Vespa P200E (everyday scoot)

You don't see too many 650 Maxim hardtails because of the shaft drive. Have any pics?

Do you think your starting problems in the rain was an electrical issue?

LR-3972(1).jpgCAM01897.jpgphoto 1.jpg
You don't see too many 650 Maxim hardtails because of the shaft drive. Have any pics?

Do you think your starting problems in the rain was an electrical issue?

Back