• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

right 2 cylinders not firing 1982 cb750sc nighthawk

knickmar

CB750 Member
Reaction score
OK, so I just finished getting some tips that had been jammed in my carbs drilled out. The same ones that the cylinders aren't firing on. I checked the bowls, and they do have fuel. I replaced all 4 spark plugs. I do not think that I can adjust the float height on my carbs at all, there is no metal tab, just the float and needle. But I am not entirely ruling out float height as a possible cause. It could be a bad coil, I do not know if it goes 1-3 and 1-4 or 1-2 and 3-4. I have not checked for compression either. Where should I start? 1982 Honda cb750sc nighthawk

Ok....

OK, so I just finished getting some tips that had been jammed in my carbs drilled out. The same ones that the cylinders aren't firing on. I checked the bowls, and they do have fuel. I replaced all 4 spark plugs. I do not think that I can adjust the float height on my carbs at all, there is no metal tab, just the float and needle. But I am not entirely ruling out float height as a possible cause. It could be a bad coil, I do not know if it goes 1-3 and 1-4 or 1-2 and 3-4. I have not checked for compression either. Where should I start? 1982 Honda cb750sc nighthawk

So, I forgot that I had the bike on a kickstand, and not up on the work stand. al the gas was running into the 1st and 2nd carbs, and not into the 3rd and 4th carbs. now to tune it them. anyone have any tutorials on fuel air mix screw adjusting? Ive heard that using a temperature gauge works, but Im wondering if there are any other cheaper/easier ways.

Back